PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010
NOTICE AND CHOICE
Asia Experience Tours Sdn Bhd is committed to the protection of your Personal Data and with great pride we state that we take the matter of protecting your privacy as a high priority ma tter. This Notice is issued to raise awareness on how your Personal Data is used, when it may be shared with others and how we safeguard its confidentiality and security. This is for the protection of your Personal Data privacy pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) which became enforceable on 15 November 2013.
This Notice is applicable to all users of our website and/or our services regardless of the intention and without limitation to Travel Reservations, Corporate Sales, Marketing Research, and Customer Relations/Service.
We, The Asia Experience Tours Sdn Bhd (“AET”), our subsidiaries and affiliated corporations (hereinafter referred to as “we” or “us” or “our”), wish to inform you that your personal data is being processed by us and we will use your personal data as follows:
What Personal Data do we collect?
The types of Personal Data that we collect directly from you or from third parties (legally) may include (but not limited to);
2. NRIC No.
3. Date of Birth
4. Passport details
7. Home address
8. Emergency contact number and E-mail
9. Credit card number (when necessary)
10. Family member’s detail when travelling together
11. Information necessary for travelling/booking/ticketing/transporting and/or reservations.
How do we collect your Personal Data?
For effective management of our business and efficient services, we collect your Personal Data from many sources for the purposes of understanding the current or new demands, meeting these demands as well as to provide and personalise our services. The means of Personal Data collection, among others, are as following;
• Via online/offline booking with us;
• Via online/offline booking through a third party i.e. travel agent
• Via telephone, letter, fax, email; When you visit us in person i.e. walk in
• When you contact us in person, When we contact you in person and/or
• When you visit our website, and your browser interacts with our browser;
• When you interact with us through any social media platform.
What do we use your Personal Data for?
We may use your Personal Data for the following purposes ("Purpose"):
• To verify, facilitate and process Personal Data for bookings of your travel arrangements such as hotel bookings, transportation, entrance ticket and air ticket;
• To be able to process any payments made via credit card;
• To protect the safety and wellbeing of yourself and/or other customers;
• To maintain our own accounts and records;
• To enforce contractual and legal rights and obligations; and
• To comply with any legal or regulatory requirements.
• For administrative purpose;
• For accounting purposes (billing and auditing);
• For immigration, custom control;
• For safety, security, statistical and marketing analysis, information systems management, system testing;
• For maintenance and development, operational, support, customer surveys, customer relations; and
• To improve and help us in any future dealings with you, e.g. by identifying your requirements and preferences.
Use of Personal Data Collection
As part of our effort to serve you better, we are constantly enhancing and expanding our services to fulfil your ever-growing needs. In order to realise this business aim, we will from time to time appoint, authorise or contract with strategic business partner.
In the circumstances set out in this policy where AET passes your information to a third party, we will ensure that the security measures that such party has in place in relation to the processing of your data is at least as stringent as those employed by AET if not better. This does not apply where we are required by law to pass your information to a third party.
In the event we go through a business transition, such as sale of part or all of our assets, merger or acquisition, your information will likely form part of this transition and be transferred.
How long may we retain your Personal Data?
We will not retain your personal data longer than necessary for the fulfilment of the Purpose. In most situations we only keep your personal data for a reasonable period or in accordance with law.
To whom do we disclose your Personal Data?
We will not trade or sell your Personal Data to third parties. We may disclose or share your personal data, which were gathered from such information you have provided to us, to the following third parties who may be located within or outside Malaysia for the fulfilment of the Purpose. The Parties that may benefit from this sharing are as follows:
1. Other AET affiliates and subsidiaries where necessary to facilitate your travel;
2. To related companies, affiliates, ground suppliers, hoteliers, booking agents, transport suppliers, Airlines, tour guides or other third parties in order to facilitate your commercial transactions;
3. Where required by law, legal processes queries from the relevant authorities and/or matters relating to life, death, security, health or property of an individual or corporation, and/or any statutory or constitution obligations;
4. Our bank for authorisation of transaction and for payment; and
5. Other contractual/authorised data processors.
We use all reasonable endeavours to protect personal information from loss, misuse and alteration. Only authorised employees and agents, who are under appropriate confidentiality obligations, will have access to your personal information. However, you will be responsible for any user ID or password that is used on our web site. You should take due care to protect them.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's hard drive containing information about the user. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site.
This enables our system to recognise your browser and remember your details. This information can only be accessed by the AET authorised personnel, Internet users and other companies cannot access this information. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time.
Notification of Changes
Please note that this Notice may be amended from time to time in accordance to applicable laws and regulations and such variations may be applicable to you.
The latest version of this Notice will be made available to all customers. Do revisit our website from time to time for updates on our Notice.
You are deemed to have knowledge and have consented to our Notice upon us sending/publishing/bringing to your attention/placing it on our website and/or advertising the Notice.
Generally, in using the AET web site/services, you consent to the collection and use of this information by AET in the ways described above (which may change from time to time) unless and until you inform us to the contrary. If you have provided us personal information of third party individuals in your travel party, you are required to obtain the individual's prior consent and you represent and warrant that you had or have their consent or are otherwise entitled to provide their personal information to us.
In most instances, it is obligatory for you to provide us with your personal information in order to allow us to satisfy your request or provide you with the service that you have requested for. However, where applicable, we will provide you with an avenue to opt-out or unsubscribe from receiving marketing, communications, promotional offers, newsletters or any other communications from AET.
Accessing/Limiting/Correcting/Updating your Personal Data
You may request to obtain information of your Personal Data, limit the processing of your Personal Data and also update or make amendments as to any inaccuracies of your Personal Data and/or to contact us with any enquiries or complaints. For this purpose, you may contact us as follows:
PDPA Officer - in charge,
Asia Experience Tours Sdn Bhd,
Unit 810, Block A, Pusat Dagangan Phileo Damansara II,
15, Jalan 16/11, Off Jalan Damansara,
46350 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
Tel No: (603) 76289986